New FMEA – AIAG & VDA FMEA implementation, 1st edition /2019
Why the new FMEA Handbook?
The AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook, 1st Edition is officially here as of June 3, 2019. It is the completion of a three-year project in publishing an international guide on Failure Mode and Effects Analysis that combines two major references in the automotive industry: North America’s Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) and the Verband der Automobilindustrie (VDA), Germany’s association for automotive manufacturers and suppliers.
What are the most important changes?
The most noticeable change in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook is a new 7-Step approach for FMEA development, which provides a framework for documenting technical risks. With this new framework, product design and process risk become more transparent and can be anticipated, calibrated and managed in a comprehensive manner.
Further changes include:
- A new chapter on Supplemental FMEA for Monitoring and System Response (FMEA- MSR)
- Revised Severity, Occurrence and Detection Rating Tables
- An Action Priority (AP) methodology to replace RPN
- New Form Sheets (spreadsheet users) and Software Report Views (software users)
- Highlights from both the AIAG 4th Edition FMEA Manual and the VDA Volume 4 FMEA Manual
Who is impacted?
All suppliers working according to the AIAG & VDA guidelines per their customer expectations are impacted.
BENEFITS OF OUR TRAINING
Learn the new FMEA requirements:
- The 7-Step Approach
- Action Priority replaces RPN Risk Priority Number
- The 5 T’s – InTent, Timing, Team, Task, Tools
- MSR Monitoring System Response
- All participants will receive a copy of the AIAG-VDA FMEA Handout.
OUTLINE OF TOPICS COVERED
Process problems approach (Reactive – experimental method / Proactive – preventive method); What is a FMEA; FMEA applicability; Types of FMEA; Principle Changes from last edition; Changes you do not need to make; Transition Strategy;
FMEA construction procedure
- The main steps; Team approach; Guaranty of the product; Confidentiality; System structure analysis;
- 7-Step Approach; 5T’s Process
System, Element and Component; Next Higher Level, Focus Element and Next Lower Level; Emphasis on Prevention Controls; Detection ratings expanded
Process Item System, Subsystem, Part Element or Name of Process; Process Work Element 4M Type; Options for documenting Function and Requirement/Product
Corrective actions & Improvements
FMEA review; Top risks; Selection of risk reduction actions (design change, error proofing device, training, procedures); Recommended Action split into Prevention/Detection; FMEA Report
Investments: 300 EUR / person
Super Deal: 45% discount (165 Euro/person) – (sign up until 5th of October 2019)
Early bird: 30% discount (210 Euro/ person) (sign up until 12th of October 2019) + Group discount: 50% (105 Euro) discount for the third participant.
The specified amount includes lunch, three coffee break, all required materials and the EMC participation certificate.
The specified amount does not include VAT.